TechSPARK's Top Innovators
Back in 2019, we devised a list of the Top 50 most influential entrepreneurs, technologists and creators causing welcomed disruption in the South West’s tech scene. As lots has changed between now and then, we decided it’s time for an update.
After pulling together a 250 person longlist from the network, we whittled it down to a 100 person shortlist and eventually (with great pain) our TT50.
About TechSPARK UK
TechSPARK is a not-for-profit network dedicated to connecting, educating and strengthening the digi-tech cluster in the West.
We work with tech and digital businesses from Startups to Scaleups, SME’s to Global Corporations based in the region to help them to grow, using our connections and knowledge.
We engage with over 35,000 people monthly highlighting the best in tech in the West and bringing people together at regular events.
After pulling down a 250 person longlist from the network, we whittled it down to a 100 person shortlist and eventually (with great pain) our TT50. We judged this list, with our partners, using 5 key criteria:
- Local Impact – What have they done for the community locally, inspiration, events and connections
- Economic Impact – What impact have they had through investing or employing people.
- Global impact – What impact are they having globally in raising the region’s profile.
- Reach – Public profile both in the ecosystem locally and wider.
- Influence – How much can they shape things, can they mobilise a network? In short, how quickly would you respond to their email!
Congratulations to everyone on TechSPARK’s Top 50 list – a huge shoutout to you all for making the tech sector in the South West what it is today!
TechSPARK's Top 50
proudly in association with Antidote Communications